Thursday, November 6, 2008

American Christian.IX - Persona

Every morning I put it on
I walk outside and I am gone
And I don't seem to mind anymore
I can't think what it was like before
I wore it all the time

In the evening I take it off
But there's another one underneath
And I can't seem to find
The bottom of the stack
I might just lose my mind and never get it back
But at least I'll get inside



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How do you like your eggs?
Depends on who’s asking…
Why do you love Jesus?
Because he first loved me.
How do you know he loves you?
The sacrificial work he did on the cross.
What exactly did he do on the cross?
He acted as the propitiation for my sins so that I can go to heaven and give glory to God.
What are your sins?
Idolatry, rebellion, lust, deception…the list goes on.
And do you feel forgiven?
It’s not a matter of feeling – it’s a matter of knowing.
Do you know you’re forgiven?
It says so in the bible.
And you believe it?
Of course.
Would you consider yourself a good guy?
No, I’m evil, sinful and depraved.
So why should you go to heaven?
Haven’t we already been over this?
Do you feel loved?
The bible says God loves me.
I didn’t mean by God, I meant in general.
It doesn’t matter; only God’s love matters.
And do you feel it?
I told you – it doesn’t matter what I feel, it’s what the bible says.

No comments: